starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check. Belt broken

Default Squat form check. Belt broken

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

To me it looks like my left elbow is higher than the other one. It feels symetrical during the set. Is it a problem?

Also, the the belt ripped open during the 4th rep. The belt had started ripping up before I started but I thought it would hold up. I was wrong.

Any thoughts regarding my technique is greatly appreciated.

Your back angle during the descent is more vertical than during the ascent. It changes just after you start to ascend and you're likely losing some force at the bottom. Try to get more horizontal as you descend so that you keep that angle and stay TIGHT at the bottom.

Also, notice your left knee as you ascend. It is slightly moving inward. Try forcing your knees out harder to keep it over mid-foot.

Another thing that I noticed is that you appear to have some lateral movement (assuming the rack is vertical). The bar/plates seem to shift to your right on the way up. I'm not sure what's causing this, but if there is lateral movement it needs to be addressed.

Thanks for your observations Greg Snider!

I think you are right on the lateral movement. I will check it out.

Do you have any thoughts on my stance? Is it too wide/narrow, toes more out/in?