starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form advice needed.

Default Squat form advice needed.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This set was from a few training sessions ago and during my 2nd set my low back started to bother me with a pain that started in the middle of my lower back and worked down into my left glute. However, Deadilfts did not aggrivate it until the very end of the lockout. I didnt get this pain during any warmups nor any sign of it until my working sets either and i believe it has something to do with my form once there starts to get some weight on the bar. Any advice would be much appreciated!

YouTube

Edit: My bad for the low quality I will get a better video next session i did not notice the quality difference from the phone to my computer until after i posted.

Chest up. Look at the base of your outside wall, not straight down.

These look a hair high; judges?

If they're high it's not by much! I always find it hard to tell from a high camera angle though.

As far as your back pain, I think that chest up cue is most important. Right now you're supporting the bar on a rounded upper back with your elbows jacked way up high. You want it supported on tight upper back and delt muscles, with your elbows lifted just enough to create that shelf, and the whole deal locked in with thoracic extension (a.k.a. the proud chest). I used to do the same thing and it ended up in me flexing my spine under load as I tried to bend over. I never had any pain from it, but I'd imagine it's a possibility.

I like this video:

Thanks a lot for the responses i know my elbows are raised a bit too high and it causes my left elbow a bit of pain sometimes i have a hard time trying to keep them down. As for keeping my chest up I will focus on that hard today!

starting strength coach development program
    not sure why the quality seems to get screwed up but anyway this is from today while focusing on the cues you guys gave me especially trying to keep my chest up. Overall my lower back felt amazing and had zero elbow pain. Thanks for all the help!

YouTube