starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys and gals.

This is my first post. I feel like I have some areas of opportunity on the deadlift. Definitely could have done a better job at setting up and pulling my chest through more. Would like to hear the communities thoughts and cues on what I could do better - aside from the jokes about my Santa Shorts. I know they're coming. Thanks so much!

Other pertinent info: 5'9" - 29 years old - 171 pounds
    Pulling 275x5

Deadlift Video

Looks like you're setting up a bit far away from the bar. Your shins have to go quite a ways to meet the bar, and you drop your hips a lot to get them there. Make sure you keep your hips high as you grab the bar and set your back. You're right that you need to squeeze your chest up a lot harder. Point your nipples at the wall in front of you and your butt hole at the wall behind you. Your eye gaze is too close to you. Pick a spot on the floor ~10-15' away.

Shorts are awesome. Remind me of my girlfriend's outfit from her dance show a couple of weeks ago

Hahaha. Santa likes shorts too.

Thanks for the input and feedback. I’ll work on getting closer to the bar, and my back angle. Thanks for the cues.