starting strength gym

Thread: Do I have deformed arms or genetic defect? Why is empty bar path not straight??

Default Do I have deformed arms or genetic defect? Why is empty bar path not straight??

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello. Please take a look at the below link (I know it's only from one angle). I just can't seem to execute a proper bar path, even with an empty bar. Do I have deformed arms or some other physical or genetic abnormality?

Can the learned SS members offer any advice or suggestions? I hope Rip does not take a look at the video out of concern that the unusually poor bar path would scar him for life.

Sign me Desperate in Connecticut.

YouTube

Bar path is fine. There's no weight on the bar; that makes the whole works wobbly.

Your wrists, however, are extended. Get them to a neutral position like on the press.

Does the OP think that the bench press bar path is supposed to be a straight vertical line?

As mentioned, your bar path is fine; get your forearms supporting the bar instead of your wrists. Make sure to touch your chest (don't bounce off it). The bar path needs to be non-vertical in order to avoid shoulder impingement. Continue being kind to your shoulders! Check out figure 5-14 and 5-15 in the book.