starting strength gym

Thread: Can you please review my deadlift?

Default Can you please review my deadlift?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello. Can you please take a look at my deadlift and let me know your constructive comments? I see a slightly rounded back still, and I forgot to keep a neutral neck and am looking up too much. Thanks.

YouTube

YouTube

Singles don't help us.

Clyde- You need to get some lifting shoes (in case you haven't already heard this a million times). Also check out the sticky on form videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Hello. Can you please take a look at my deadlift and let me know your constructive comments? I see a slightly rounded back still, and I forgot to keep a neutral neck and am looking up too much. Thanks.

YouTube

YouTube
    Particularly for the deadlift it's important to have a view from the side. Not 100% from the side... a little bit in front is preferable, but people need to be able to see the shape your spine assumes throughout the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff LC View Post
    Particularly for the deadlift it's important to have a view from the side. Not 100% from the side... a little bit in front is preferable, but people need to be able to see the shape your spine assumes throughout the lift.
    Thanks for the comment JeffLC. I will try to do this next time. I thought I had read the suggested views correctly. Any other comments are welcome.