starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6’2” weight 153 145 squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    As for your form, it looks like you're losing your weight forward. Your heels raise off the ground on every rep. It also looks like the lateral (outer) aspect of your feet also comes off the ground at the bottom of the squat. When you're descending feel the three points of contact of the bottom of your feet on the ground. Put equal weight on all three and really "cement" your feet in that equal weight position and focus on maintaining it throughout the entirety of the squat, especially at the bottom. You're looking to keep the weight over mid-foot for the entire set.

Also, really, man, you are going to need to gain some weight, like, yesterday. You've come to the right place, and you're on the right track with asking for help, but at 6'2", 153 is just way too light. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Bischoff View Post
    Well damn; still looks sufficient to me. Using the "safety" bars as a judge of parallel, it looks like his hip crease exceeds it. Something about the angle causing me to see it wrong?
    The camera is on the floor. Everything is distorted by this angle. I assure you the depth is as I observed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The camera is on the floor. Everything is distorted by this angle. I assure you the depth is as I observed.
    You've seen thousands more reps than I have, so I don't doubt your observation. I'll watch more floor-laid crappy camera angle squats as penance/practice I guess.

I see. Did you correct for this by watching the stripe on his pants, then? How did you otherwise see that the depth was parallel to 1/2" high?

I thought they were high too, but if you pause the video while he is at the bottom of the squat, he certainly looks to be hitting proper depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Devyn Stewart View Post
    I see. Did you correct for this by watching the stripe on his pants, then? How did you otherwise see that the depth was parallel to 1/2" high?
    The stripe on his pants is not the depth marker. I am looking at his hips and knees.

starting strength coach development program
    The stripe on his pants is not the depth marker. I am looking at his hips and knees.
    Okay. Perhaps I will be able to see it once I am a bit more experienced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12