starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean after fixing the racking the bar

Default Power Clean after fixing the racking the bar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been doing power cleans for a while and have had consistent trouble with racking the bar on the shoulders.
    Until today I had been catching the bar with the hands, and carried on doing them without really addressing the issue.
    Before doing power cleans today I did a few front squats to try and emphasize the bar being on the shoulders.

I didn't manage to do the weights I had been doing, but I'm happy I've finally managed to actually complete a clean correctly.

I hit a warm up at 50kg (shown below) and then 60kg, which wasn't quite as smooth.
    Next time I'll do work sets with a weight in between and resume LP with this lift now I'm completing the reps properly.

Power Clean 50x1 on Vimeo

I've just noticed the title doesn't make sense.

Should be "Power clean after fixing the rack position".

Sorry.

I am a novice and power clean is my worst lift technique wise, so i don't know much, but it definitely does look like you are bending your elbows too early. Like as you rise towards the explosion point your slightly bending them and then when you explode they are already bent and not straight like ropes, so that is absorbing some of the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff LC View Post
    I am a novice and power clean is my worst lift technique wise, so i don't know much, but it definitely does look like you are bending your elbows too early. Like as you rise towards the explosion point your slightly bending them and then when you explode they are already bent and not straight like ropes, so that is absorbing some of the explosion.
    Yeah, I noticed it too. I need to get through the pull quicker too, and rack it on the front of the shoulders rather than near the neck.