starting strength gym

Thread: Squat check 240x5

Default Squat check 240x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube
    Still using my chain belt as a lifting belt for squat just til my belt comes which i found out is Friday!

These felt ok. Still just don’t feel right with the form though and it feels inconsistent, and I worry it’s causing my back injury which is now persistent. But I experience zero pains during or after lifting. In fact it never feels better than when I’m lifting. So I continue to progress. But I kind of worry that I shouldn’t be progressing because I clearly have a lower back issue that has developed and I clearly don’t have good form so I’m basically guaranteeing some sort of long term bad problem.

That or I just tweaked my back and it’s healing and I can safely lift while it heals because lifting causes no pain ... and in a few weeks it won’t hurt anymore even with continuing to add 5 pounds per workout. I hope for this option. But honestly it’s hard to believe.

I know my heads coming up after the bottom... I honestly just don’t know how to remind myself in the moment when it’s so heavy (for me, haha.)

I also know the fourth rep wasn’t to depth. Sorry.

You are lifting your chest(and head) on the way up. Pick a spot on the floor and keep your eyes there. Put something on the ground if you have to. Drive your hips the whole way up. Nipples pointed down

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    You are lifting your chest(and head) on the way up. Pick a spot on the floor and keep your eyes there. Put something on the ground if you have to. Drive your hips the whole way up. Nipples pointed down
    Yea i gotta face away from the mirror, i think this rack has slots to put it on the back side facing away from the mirror, but i did it once and just felt naked.. i think because I'm so used to the mirror all my life of lifting.. even if just for setting up, making sure the bar is balanced on my shoulders and in exact center.. it just felt wierd setting up there, but i gotta try it. Thanks.