starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here's a video of me deadluftin 143kg for 5 reps: Streamable - free video publishing

I haven't been able to deadlift pain free for a long time (my lower back hurts and gets really tight). I'm having this issue only on deadlifts though, I can squat 150kg for 5 clean reps and my back feels awesome. Please give some advice on what can I improve.

Define "a long time" (i.e. at what weight did it start hurting), and how have you been training it during that period? To me it looks like you're pulling your shoulders back too far at the top of some of your reps (particularly rep 2), bringing your lower back into slight extension when all you want is neutral. Also, the simplest thing might be to try using a belt to see if better bracing helps. And why are you lowering it so slow on your last rep? No offense meant here, but if you have trouble doing the movement pain free why are you adding an additional variable to the movement (i.e. slow descent)?

It starts to feel tight at the warm up and ut starts hurting after I do enough reps, no matter the weight. Even with a belt it feels a little bit off. I've tried descending slower in order to see if I can feel my glutes better. I'm gonna filmd another session in a few day, please give me some pointers on what can I try to improve.

Streamable - free video publishing
    Here is an update. I tried to focus on extensing the spinal erectors as much as I can and I didn't feel any pain, only back tightness(felt like a pump) but I guess that's normal.