starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Form please help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    To me the bigger question here is how you can stand to squat with that cable flossing your ass-crack during your reps.

TUBOW can also help get the knees in position when the issue is overdoing the hips back cue (which results in knees back too far and too vertical shins).

I'm curious what evidence you see here that his shins are too vertical (not being snarky, genuinely curious because I see his knees pretty much just behind his toes, sometimes right over them). I think it's hard to prescribe the use of the TUBOW without knowing what his bottom position looks like unweighted like the book illustrates.

Hey don't knock it till u try it, seriously it's weightless you can't feel it's there 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Smale View Post
    his knees pretty much just behind his toes
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Grantham View Post
    This.
    Where on here have you found that the knees should always be in front of the toes? His bar path here is looking like it's ever so slightly in front of his mid foot, how is getting him to move further into his knees going to fix that while maintaining a leaned over back angle?

1:18
    YouTube

It doesn't. It wasn't supposed to. One fix at a time.

That’s a guideline for a lot of people, but it’s not a hard and fast rule. The book itself points out that the knees could be anywhere from just behind the toes to a few inches in front based on individual build.
    Last edited by Justin Smale; 03-05-2019 at 05:52 PM.

I know.
    The issue in the first post was that he was exaggerating the hips-back/lean over thing. It's better in the next three videos, but it's still there. That's fixed by letting the knees come forward while still keeping the weight over the midfoot.

starting strength coach development program
    I missed a week and tried to carry on with no deload and paid the price and failed on both squat and press, my tubow will arrive in about 2 to 3 days but I tried anyway, set 1 is probably my best, set 2 was high😑 and set 3 was an epic fail, but I will definitely begin using the tubow once it arrives
    YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast