starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check - Power Snatch

Default Form Check - Power Snatch

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Rip and Fulcrum gave me some useful feedback on my last form check, and I think I'm managing a more robust "slamming" of the hips into full extension during the second part of the pull. The second rep got away from me a little bit, but I thought 1 and 3 were pretty good. Do you guys agree?

YouTube

Do not look at the floor as you start the pull. Read the book.

Grip is way too narrow and you're not using the hook grip. Stay over the bar longer. Timing is a bit off but you seem to have the general idea.

Leg and hip extension seems good at the final extension....sure.

I think you need to try to push with your legs/knees in the beginning of the first pull more.
    You just start the lift by rotating your torso up from the get go.
    Push with your legs/knees a bit while keep the back out of it .... knees should go backward a just a hair as you break the bar from floor.

What mark said about gaze. I'd look forward more, but not crazy-up.

I think you are over doing the jumping-out-to-wide-catch-stance-thing.
    Immediately after full extension, pull your self DOWN under the bar while moving your feet out a little.
    ...your kinda floating around in the air, more active pull-under will keep you closer to the floor.

Sure, your grip might be a little narrow, but widening it with your current stance is really going to be tough.
    I wouldn't worry about that so much right now, and fix the other stuff first.
    If you do widen it some, you are going to have to widen your stance a bit and turn your toe&knees outward more to make room.

YouTube