starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form 60 kg

Default Squat form 60 kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I just made a huge deload and worked on mobility to hit the appropriate depth. I’ll be thankful for any recommendations

YouTube

stop trying to keep your chest up. Direct your gaze a few feet in front of you on the floor and keep it there. Knees out to hit depth. If you are having trouble keeping your knees out I would assume your stance is too wide.

Youre probably right about that stance too wide I’ll try to fix it. Also I’ll put more emphasis on hip drive. Thanks

You're too upright here too, and your wrists are extended rather than in a neutral position. Getting them neutral with a narrow grip will help the thoracic tightness you need to get leaned over more (point your nipples to the floor).

I tried to improve my form according to your advices. Is it better now?

YouTube

I can see clearly that I made some improvements in my back angle (now its more horizontal) but simultaneously I failed to reach appropriate depth.

You're an inch high by the last rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssusus View Post
    I can see clearly that I made some improvements in my back angle (now its more horizontal) but simultaneously I failed to reach appropriate depth.
    You have improved your upright posture but you have failed to push your knees out following your toes. IN my opinion. Your femurs are coming in contact with your pelvis blocking you from hitting proper depth.

starting strength coach development program
    No one's actual femurs come into contact with their actual pelvises anywhere except the femoroacetabular joint.