starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trainer at gym interrupted me after the 4th rep of my 2nd set of squats (video)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I was just expecting only audio from the trainer, expecting him to be out of frame.
    I was so pleased when I saw the trainer come into view. He was everything I expected he would be in my mind.

*demonstrates 1/4 squat*

The 2nd video will not work for me; I bet the YT-auto-bots are banning it due to copyright infringement on the music.
    Here's the not interrupted full third set:
    YouTube

1. Look down. You are cutting your hip drive short by looking up and inadvertently raising your chest.
    2. Shove your knees out.
    3. Your wiggling around to much...stay tighter.
    4. Eat more food & gain weight.

Repost a new video after you make these corrections.

Did you read the book?

You are looking all over the place, moving your head during your reps, rolling the bar on your back, not locking your lower back and it also looks like you're not pushing your knees out.

Lower the weight, understand the basics, work from there and report back. Film from an angle described in sticky.

I only watched the "trainer" video, but I believe one of his triggers for interrupting you was seeing a rep slow down just a little bit. In most commercial gyms, inhabitants are not accustomed to anything resembling a grind on a squat rep.

There's definitely a lot to work on with your form here, as pointed out above. And read or re-read the book. That said, look at that trainer's legs, he doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about squats.

I already have read it actually

starting strength coach development program
    Your form isn't perfect, but you're on the right track. Good grind and effort. The form tips above are right, but don't let that stop you from progressing - your form isn't great, but I don't think it's dangerous either.

The trainer is *#Ed in the head.

The first advice the trainers at my gym gave me was to breathe on deadlifts. I said thank you, sent an e-mail with a polite three paragraph treatise on my choice to hold my breath (comparing possibility of injury due to stroke/high blood pressure vs. due to an unbraced back). Strange that they don't give me advice anymore....

-->Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12