starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check 340lb

Default Squat Check 340lb

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,
    I want to compete in local meet provisioned by IPF so worried about depth and general form., I am very serious about lifting this isn’t just a hobby. Currently on H/L 4 day age 35, weight 225lb, 5’6.

Many thanks for your time.

YouTube

I think you should concentrate more on staying in your hips. Look at the difference between 3rd and 4th rep. On 3rd rep, you raise your chest too early. 4th rep is better.

This angle isn't the best to judge depth, but your depth seems iffy on a lot of these (1, 2, and 4 seem worse than 3 and 5). If you're concerned mainly with depth, record your sets from the side at knee height and that'll tell you immediately if you're reaching depth. Your bar path is punching forward when you come out of the hole on a lot of these too, and I'm wondering if that's because you appear to be looking down too much which is going to round the top of your back and let the bar move around. It looks like you're looking 1-2 ft in front of your feet and letting your neck drop down too far, as can be seen by how much you reset your neck position in between your reps. I'd also hazard a guess you're travelling a little too far into your knees here as it seems like they keep travelling forward all the way down, when they should be set around 1/2 of the way down. Find your bottom position using a TUBOW with an unweighted squat like in the book and see where your knees should be and compare that to this video.

I can assure throughout the entire set I definitely felt balanced in middle of foot and power throughput felt 100% focusing on pushing my hips away from ground on way up as if it’s being pulled by a chain upwards. on way down I’m thinking about “nipples to the floor” and staying “out of the knees”.

Here is an old video around 2 years ago
    YouTube

You might feel balanced midfoot and might actually be pushing from that point, but that doesn’t mean you can’t also be too far into your knees. Same goes with your bar path.

starting strength coach development program
    YouTube

Please see these if they are any better it’s a few sets from empty bar all the way to 225lb please let me know what you think ...thanks