starting strength gym

Thread: Form check deadlift and squat

Default Form check deadlift and squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat 160kg x5: Streamable - free video publishing

Deadlift 160kg x5: Streamable

Squat: Hard to tell from this angle, but it seems your stance is a bit narrow - get your heels under your armpits. Because your stance is seemingly narrow, it seems like you're sinking forward into your knees instead of shoving your knees out to get depth. I'd hazard a guess you're pushing a lot of these from your toes (look at your heels on reps 2 & 4 particularly). Your wrists are in extension when you want them to be neutral, find out what's limiting them/keeping them in extension (i.e. shoulder flexibility). Which may be related to anothe issue, you could use more tightness in your upper back. Look at reps 3-5, with 5 being the worst. Even when you're grinding out a rep, you don't want to lose rigidity in your upper back like that. Look You're going too far down on some of these by 1-2", there's good articles on here why you only want parallel.

Deadlifts look pretty decent.

Thanks for the pointers on the squat, will try to a bit wider stance and focus on keeping my wrists neutral and upper back tight. Will post an update tomorrow.

So here's a set with 140kg x5: Streamable - free video publishing

I know that I should be posting my heaviest set, but today was a light squats day and had to stick to it. The only thing that I cannot change is the wrist position, since I feel a lot more comfortable and tight when my wrists are in a slight extension.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyM View Post
    So here's a set with 140kg x5: Streamable - free video publishing

I know that I should be posting my heaviest set, but today was a light squats day and had to stick to it. The only thing that I cannot change is the wrist position, since I feel a lot more comfortable and tight when my wrists are in a slight extension.
    I didn't see one thing wrong other than maybe a little extra head movement.

These are pretty decent. Your wrists are still in hard extension here though, try stretching your shoulders out with the Paul Horn stretch and see if that helps. I think your stance might be an inch too narrow and you probably could shove your knees out a little harder, but it looks better. And it looks like you’re going down too deep still. Video yourself from the side for a set or two and see how deep you’re going. Overall these are better.

starting strength coach development program
    And thumbs on top of the bar, not around it.