starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    These two clips of me squatting are at ~ 87kg, the first one is with 122.5 kg, and the I don't remember the second one.
    I'm finding that my hip drifts the right, and the weights drift off on the left side of the bar, and my right knee is more forward than my left. How do i fix this?

YouTube

The first thing you do it to provide a better camera angle so we can actually confirm if you're doing low bar or high bar squats.

They're high bar. We don't really do those around these parts. You should low bar squat.

That being said, the side view isn't very helpful for seeing what you're talking about. The rear view has me wondering if you're aware of a leg length discrepancy or anything else structural that might be causing this. I am FAR from an expert on any of this, but the way your shirt is sitting on your hips makes it look like your left hip is a bit higher than the right, and the way you're squatting makes me think that leg might be longer.

Again, take that with a rock of salt. Very possible I'm talking out my ass.

I think I may have had my leg lengths checked once for a discrepancy, and I think there was none. But I'll get it checked again, in case anything has changed.
    Thanks

No sweat. Again, I may be totally wrong. I don't have any experience diagnosing these things in person, or coaching people with crooked squats. I'm really just taking a guess based on how funky that looks. Seems like it might be more than a technique issue.