starting strength gym

Thread: DL Form Check

Default DL Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    415 lbs for a triple at 185 lbs body weight. Things I'm looking for: Hips high, set back, making sure plates don't rotate after being lifted. On those 3 things I think I did alright. However, I do notice a little knee wobble especially on the third rep. What else am I missing here? Also, I'd love to speed up my time between reps, but when I go heavy, I can't seem to do that. Any pointers on that?

Thanks, Gents

Hey Seth

Really not bad. A couple tweaks. Make sure to rock back and get to midfoot. You're slightly forward, toward your toes.
    Set the back harder and separate that step (Step 4™) from the actual pull off the ground. Squeeze your chest up, get the back set hard, get all of the slack out of the bar, then break it off the ground. The back is less likely to come out of extension.
    I don't think you need to go faster. Take your time and be deliberate on the setup for each rep first.

One last pro-tip: wrap your headphone cord around the back of your neck when deadlifting. It'll be less annoying.

Good luck.