starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check #2

Default Squat Form Check #2

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    After feedback from my first squat form check indicated I was still way too vertical for low bar squat, I deloaded significantly (from 240 pounds to 115 pounds) and attempted to rebuild my squat from the ground up. I tried to focus on leaning forward more, pushing my hips back, and keeping my knees pushed out. I wanted to find out if I am on the right track. If there is still work to be done, rest assured it is not from lack of effort or inattention to the prior feedback. I was taught the high bar squat over 25 years ago in high school by one of those "look at the ceiling" type gym teachers. Trying to retrain my body to do the low bar squat at age 42 has proven to be a challenge. In any event, this set was at 135 pounds:

YouTube

Prior form check thread:

Squat Form Check

Much better back angle. Now you're unlocking your lower back to get depth you don't need. Cut it off just below parallel and stay tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Much better back angle. Now you're unlocking your lower back to get depth you don't need. Cut it off just below parallel and stay tight.
    Great, thank you Rip. I will work on keeping my lower back tight and avoiding going lower than I need to. Appreciate the feedback.