starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check (please)

Default Squat form check (please)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This is not the best angle. Id like to know if Im at least on the right track. I noticed last week I was having what they Call butt wink I only check after my back started to hurt during the lift. I believe I fixed that. At least this workout was pain free.

YouTube

YouTube

Thanks,
    Kelly

I personally don't see any butt wink here, it's hard to get butt wink when your depth is questionable as the reps were in the first video. In both videos I'd say your stance is a bit narrow, I'd get your heels under your armpits. Your wrists are in extension here, get them neutral and set a tighter shelf for the bar instead of supporting some of the load with your arms. You're getting a bit too far into your knees in the second video as well, focus on shoving them out instead of letting them slide forward. You can see from the 3rd rep on that your weight is shifting around in your shoes a bit and I think you're pushing some of these reps from your toes instead of mid-foot. Fix your stance, grip, and shove your knees out harder.

Thanks Justin,
    The butt wink was earlier in the week. These were my attempts to stop what I think was butt wink? Was the depth fine in the second video?

I’ll work on those others next workout.

My lower back was kind of doing what Bret’s does in the AOM squat video.

I think your depth was fine on the second video for the most part. There were a couple reps that I think you JUST hit depth but I'd say you hit it on them nonetheless.

Good thanks again. Here is my two last sets for today. I think I did ok with the stance and knees out, but I can’t get my wrist to cooperate with me. I think I was to much in my head for this workout.

YouTube

Youtube

These are all deep. Just need to lean over a little more from the top, and these will be fine.

starting strength coach development program
    Sweet!!! Thanks Rip.