starting strength gym

Thread: M ~240 5'10 form check squat and deadlift

Default M ~240 5'10 form check squat and deadlift

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    YouTube
    YouTube

My wrist comes up every now and then and I feel like my left wrist always limits my squat. I tried to make sure to grip them in the same place in both hands and ideally with the same strength. I follow Baraki's videos A LOT, and he seems to have wrist flexion but having that makes me feel super uncomfable and hurts my left wrists after a few

I had posted here before and took into account some of the pointers posters put here including lowering depth and bringing my feet closer together, fixing my walk out. Somethign I think I was also doing wrong that I have been working on more recently has been extending my lumbar spine a little (I was just hip hinging before) and jumping into and out of the hole in my squat. That reflex helps a lot and I feel stronger as long as I don't hypertextend. So in the last two weeks I have been deloading due to this and a cut.

One seperate question I wanted to ask was about bars. I have a more rigid bar that doesn't sem like it bends (25lb), one that bends under heavy weights (25lbs) and a 45lb that doens't bend. Which compound movements should I use which bar types? My intuition is for bench/shoulder press it can be the more rigid one, for the others, one that bends towards the ends?

Also added my deadlift today gentlemen, just two reps in there. It was my an extra two before cleans.

YouTube

Do not post clearly above-parallel squats on these forums. Look at the video before you post it. Learn what depth is. If it is high, do not post it.

Use the 45lb bar for everything.