starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check: 235# last working set

Default Squat Form Check: 235# last working set

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

I've been working on the NLP since about late Feb and had to reset 3 weeks ago after driving from northern MT to MD.

I am 27 years old, 5'10, and weight around 172lbs give or take. When I started I was at about 162lbs and started with a 160# squat.

The below video is of my last working set of 235# this morning and my first time using a belt as I've been struggling to keep lower back tightness. I plan on getting lifting shoes this weekend and used the 2.5# plates to see how it felt with a raised heel.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

After looking, I know I could use an extra inch or so of depth as fatigue caught up to me for the last set.

Any/all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I read over the rules beforehand I must have missed the very bottom line.

The link does go to a video of the set and I'll get a follow-up on Monday.

Get your toes turned out a bit more, and focus on shoving your knees out harder. It'll help with the depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Get your toes turned out a bit more, and focus on shoving your knees out harder. It'll help with the depth.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. How does it look on the way up? I've been focusing on staring about 3 or so feet in front on the floor for more hip drive, yet it still feels like my chest might be coming up a little too soon.