• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys,

Really need a form check on my bench
    Stats
    5'7 170llbs
    Bench-185x5x3

You can see my left elbow flaring more then the other. It has gotten so bad that my left shoulder, arm and chest is slightly bigger than my right. I know this isnt the angle you typically look at but i felt like you can get a good view of my elbows, setup and where i am touching on my body.

Your expert feedback will be very much appreciated.
    YouTube

You're off center on the bench. I suspect your scapula aren't properly retracted on the bench. I don't see a huge difference in elbow position, but a little bit of twist.

I can't see your eyes. Where are you looking?

What does your arch look like?

Try this next time: get your scapula retracted solidly underneath you on the bench. Then, pick a point on the ceiling and look at it. Unrack the empty barbell, get it over your shoulder joints, DONT LOOK AT IT, mark where it is in your field of vision. You should be able to see it without looking at it. Then bring it to the touch point and back to that identical position. You should be able to see if it is twisting off your chest by seeing it twisted in your field of vision. If it's twisted, untwist it. Use your vision to help you keep the bar straight.

Pause at the top, and reset and re-breathe between each rep.