starting strength gym

Thread: Low Bar Squat Check - Changing From High Bar

Default Low Bar Squat Check - Changing From High Bar

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi All,

So today was the first time I have tried low bar squatting after only squatting high bar for quite some time.

Naturally, it felt very awkward as I'm not use to the movement. I had to lower the weight compared to the weight I would squat high bar. The stress on my wrists were quite distracting and I'll be working over the next month or two to gain better shoulder mobility and technique whilst I go on a bit of a cut before progressing with the SS program properly. I found this video pretty useful to help with shoulder mobility YouTube Any other suggestions to improve shoulder mobility?

Anyway, below are two videos. I know my form is shit, but suggestions for improvement will be appreciated. Thanks.

YouTube
    YouTube

I think the main thing is that you need to keep doing the shoulder mobility exercises, but don't allow your wrists to be that extended either way. Take them out to the point where they can be neutral and tighten your back at that point. Your hands will be wider but you won't be taking any of the weight on your arms and your wrists will be much happier.

Aside from that your form isn't too bad. You're getting too far into your knees it looks like (see your heels coming off the ground) and you're pushing these slightly from your toes, so reach your ass back more and shove your knees out to the sides a little harder. Fix those things first.

I personally would still do the program now and the cut later.

Okay so I'm pick with two new low bar videos:

Second set:
    YouTube

Final set (fucked up the camera angle annoyingly)
    YouTube

Thoughts?

The shoulder mobility work has helped. I'm still feeling my wrist take some of the brunt of the weight, but it's better than before.

Thoughts? Got my next squat session coming soon and wanted to get some feedback.

No one seems to be interested in answering the same questions again. I suggest you compare your squats to the others already posted and do this yourself. You'll get more out of it anyway.

Fair enough. I thought it was an improvement on the original video I posted, but maybe not as much as I thought.

starting strength coach development program
    You need to learn to see these things yourself.