starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadlift Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by RJPinAZ View Post
    Try harder.
    I'm not a coach so take this for what you paid for it, but I didn't see any attempt to extend your lower back at all. You're supposed to be uncomfortable before you pull.
    Perhaps I focus a bit too much on squeezing my chest out without applying the same effort in flattening out my back?

I'll try to consciously think more about flattening out my lower back at the same time as squeezing my chest out.

The squeezing up of the chest to extend the thoracic spine will help to get the lumbar spine set if you think of it as a "wave" of extension that starts at the top and goes all the way to your ass. But you also have to know how to engage your lumbar erectors to begin with. Can you you do that? If not watch this for some guidance YouTube
    Then, squeeze up harder to get the back flat. Harder than you think you need to. Like someone else said, if you're not uncomfortable, you're doing it wrong.

Cheers Pete.

Every time you reply to a post of mine I improve my technique, so hopefully this continues 😁

starting strength coach development program
    I'd say my deadlift is looking better and overall decent? YouTube (Can still be improved of course)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12