starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Doing Linear Progression and have done a reset a couple of times for the squat. Have repeatedly gotten stuck at 225. Is my technique wrong? (couldn't figure out if it is)

38 years old
    187 pounds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

VID_20190523_193230~2 on Vimeo (corrected privacy settings)

Jake

ps apologies for not following posting recommendations correctly

Hey Jake
    Going forward please post your videos on youtube and copy the link here. You can make it unlisted. Whatever you're using here is too small and kind of a pain to deal with.

You're lifting your chest out of the bottom of the squat from what I can see. Keep your nipples pointed at ground and stay with the hip drive out of the bottom longer than you think you need to.

Thank you very much, Pete. I will try to keep my nipples pointed down and stay with the hip drive out of the bottom longer- rather than unintentionally lifting my chest. I will post again using youtube (not vimeo). Thanks again!

Thank you very much, Pete! I really appreciate the feedback. I will keep this in mind and post again using youtube, not vimeo. Cheers!

Hello Pete, Keeping your two queues in mind, how does the form look now?

Set 2 : YouTube

Set 3 : YouTube

Thank you very much for your time!

Jake

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Going forward please post your videos on youtube and copy the link here. You can make it unlisted. Whatever you're using here is too small and kind of a pain to deal with.
    I see these Vimeo woes on the forum here often. It's easy to get a bigger version, though: just quote the original post, and you'll find the link to the full video in the quote. (You could also just look at the page source.)

For people posting Vimeo videos, either disable "Automatically parse links into text" or transform the url from https://vimeo.com/338134715 into https://player.vimeo.com/video/338134715 to prevent the automatic tiny embedding.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I just see this exact problem all the time on here and thought I'd provide a solution.