starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lowbar Squat advise

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thanks for the reply Pete. I iwll try this tomorrow!

Okay so I'm back with this: YouTube

First, I apologize for the sub-optimal camera angle but no other rack was free when I came into the gym. Nonetheless I am still upset about a.) the lack of depth and b.) the rounding in the lower back. I did manage though to not look into the mirror which however takes some getting used after living the life of a narcissist for years.

Thanks again for your input,

Alceste

Hey. You're still squatting on your heels and not letting the knees come forward much at all.
    As soon as you start, send the knees forward and as you reach back with your hips. Get midfoot and off your heels.

Thanks for your quick reply. I have some followup questions though: First I would like to know whether the lower-back rounding is okay or not. Second, is the back-angle okay or am I hyper-correcting i.e. leaning forward too much now? Third, I find it hard to imagine to think hips back and knees forward at the same time!? I used to squat with the knees more forward (cf. first video I posted in this thread), however depth was an issue there... I'm sorry if I don't understand but I am under the impression that I am turning in circles here.

PS: How does the heel-issue become visible?

OKay so I tried to put your advise into practice but I fear my back is still rounding and depth is still an issue:

YouTube

Also my lower back is hurting which made Deadlifting later a real nuisance. As far as I could tell / feel my weight was on the middle of my foot and with the exception of the first rep I looked at the floor. However my butt still seems to "tuck" in in the lowest portion of the movement. What can I do?

Hey so I've experimented some more today maybe you could give me some feedback on whether this is a bit closer to what is considered good or acceptable form

YouTube

Best,

Alceste

starting strength coach development program
    anyone please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12