starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book smart, but uncertain in real life...

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    6/19 update:
    Unfortunately, the relatively local SSC was too costly for my budget and not really convenient to meet up with. I have to go at it alone with the book and online resources for now.

I just joined Retro Fitness yesterday and went in this morning and just did bare bar form work (squats, press, bench press) and using some 25 lb bumpers for dead lift practice.

I did take videos this morning, but they weren't really inline with the SS form video parameters. I'll be working to improve that. I am seeing some technique differences between me and Rip's star pupils. I'm going back to the gym tomorrow and will focus on squat and dead-lift. I'm trying my best to get the correct form right and get better videos to share.

I have been watching more of Rip's videos and really focusing on all his tips, the physical movement and correlating things back to what I need to be doing during each lift with my breathing and muscle contraction.

As for where I'm at in the book, I'm nearly done with the Power Clean chapter. I'm reading the book closely and will go back to the beginning after I've finished to keep instilling the book knowledge.

starting strength coach development program
    6/20/2019 update:

Worked through the regular Plan A of SS in the app today. Went pretty well. I certainly have more form tweaks to make, but I lifted the weight and didn't get hurt

I watched more Rip vids today. I'll be going back to the gym on Monday to continue...

thanks again everyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12