starting strength gym

Thread: Squat and DL Form Check

Default Squat and DL Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the 2nd week of my starting strength program and am always looking for feedback/critique on form.
    Here is a video of my most recent (last set) of Squat and Deadlift...Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Joey

Form check video sticky.

SQ: Lean over. Like actually lean over. Ass back at the bottom, ass up out of the bottom.

DL: We don't bounce deadlifts, thus the name deadlift.

You might benefit from watching some setup videos on starting strength YouTube. On your squat you need to set your knees out harder and sooner, hips back and chest down. You need to close up your deadlift stance a inch or two, you need lower back extension think "hips up, chest up", long straight arms and push the floor away. I would YouTube the Niki sims video on squeezing the bar off the floor.

not sure how to tag both of you, but thank you both for making time to check it out. I've been working on fixing it with the suggestions you had, here's an update. I'm assuming my hips need to sit back further at the bottom?

Thanks again!

Take a picture or video showing the rack position on your back to ensure it's in the correct position just below the spine of the scapula. Or have someone knowledgeable check it in person.

Don't pause at the bottom--BOUNCE off the tightness of your hamstrings, glutes, and adductors; more like rep 2 than 1,3,4&5.