starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check 140kg

Default Deadlift form check 140kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    YouTube

Looking for some feedback on my Deadlifts. Apreciate any helpful comments/corrections.

Thanks

First off, thanks for posting from a halfway decent camera view and including your setup. I'd say your setup is good steps 1-3, but I think you drop the ball a bit on step 4. You're taking a big breath, but I don't think you're setting your lower back and squeezing your chest up hard enough. Look at the 26 second mark, as soon as you start your lift your back is already in flexion. Point your junk between your legs/shove your belly between your legs/point your chest at the wall, etc. Take that big breath BEFORE you do these things.

Also, I'm not sure if this is something to watch for (hopefully someone with more knowledge will correct me here) but it seems like your arms are straight at the bottom but you're pulling the weight up with them at the top (as they have a slight bend in them). If this is actually happening and I'm not talking out of my ass, you could be risking a bicep injury (but again, maybe I'm talking out of my ass here). If it is happening though, think of your arms as ropes with hooks on them, they're just holding the weight, not moving it.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah, i thought the same. During the pull in real time i felt like i was in extension but after watching this back i see what your saying. Also the arm, is something im going to have to correct aswell. Thanks again. We are here to learn and get better so this is helpful.