starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift x2

Default Deadlift x2

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi All,

So I'm posting a video of my deadlifting conventional after working on technique for a few weeks. Previously, my back was in flexion.

I think I've improved, but there may be minor flexion? I'm not sure... I'd appreciate feedback. Thanks.

YouTube

That's not terrible but I think your problem is breathing. If I see correctly, you're taking some weird short breaths as you try to set your back.

Take a big breath and as you "lock" the breath, you should simultaneously lock your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Stepic View Post
    That's not terrible but I think your problem is breathing. If I see correctly, you're taking some weird short breaths as you try to set your back.

Take a big breath and as you "lock" the breath, you should simultaneously lock your back.
    Thanks for the response Ivan, much appreciated.

I think your comment is solid. My first rep was the best in terms of keeping a flat back, which was when I took a proper full deep breath before my rep.

I didn't quite get a full big breath for my other require other reps I think (maybe around 70% and tried to compensate my bracing my core harder).

I struggled with feeling out of breath and first rep resulted in me feeling quite dizzy afterwards, which had an impact on taking a deep breath I think.