starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey, this is my last set. YouTube

When I get fatigued my hips tend to go back and I fall forwards as I push out of the sticking point. My head seems to keep lifting up as well.

Please could you give me some suggestions to improve my technique.

Thank you,

Josh

Keep your chin down.

Read this....Identifying and Correcting Thoracic Spinal Flexion in the Squat | Bill Hannon

"If any of the following form errors are present, a cue to tighten the upper back is likely appropriate:

The hips shoot back as the lifter comes out of the hole.
    The back angle becoming excessively horizontal on descent or ascent.
    There are problems with keeping the bar in position on the back, often with the bar riding up as the lifter reaches the bottom or starts to ascend.
    Shoulder and neck extension is apparent during the ascent (Leading up with elbows, head, or both in an attempt to compensate for a less-than-rigid back).
    The weight shifts to the lifter’s toes near the bottom position or upon ascent."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Keep your chin down.
    Thank you! I’ll focus on doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Troxell View Post
    Read this....Identifying and Correcting Thoracic Spinal Flexion in the Squat | Bill Hannon

"If any of the following form errors are present, a cue to tighten the upper back is likely appropriate:

The hips shoot back as the lifter comes out of the hole.
    The back angle becoming excessively horizontal on descent or ascent.
    There are problems with keeping the bar in position on the back, often with the bar riding up as the lifter reaches the bottom or starts to ascend.
    Shoulder and neck extension is apparent during the ascent (Leading up with elbows, head, or both in an attempt to compensate for a less-than-rigid back).
    The weight shifts to the lifter’s toes near the bottom position or upon ascent."
    Thank you! I read that briefly before but will take the time to read it through more carefully and work on keeping my upper back tight.