starting strength gym

Thread: 360x5x3 Squat Fail Form Check

Default 360x5x3 Squat Fail Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

I had been stalling on Texas Method with bad squat form, so I decided to deload and LP back up. I know that these are to depth and are most likely sufficient, but I am having trouble getting out of the hole. Should I bend over more? Spread my knees more? Any minor imperfections?

Thanks,
    Jack Morrison

Hard angle, but I believe you are letting your upper back go into flexion? It appears your eye gaze is almost directly down at the floor, out of the hole your knees are pulling back (very slightly), and your hips are shooting back.

Bill Hannon wrote an article on movement error: Identifying and Correcting Thoracic Spinal Flexion in the Squat | Bill Hannon

Hey Jack

You seem to still be doing this weird double-clutch, pause thing at the bottom as you search for depth. You need to smooth that out by being confident in hitting depth and catching a bounce off the hamstrings in the bottom to help get you up.
    To Mike's point, you're driving your hips back instead of up. It's putting you on your heels on off midfoot. Keep your chest pointed at the ground and exaggerate the hips driving straight up instead of back.
    Another thing that may help is starting and staying on midfoot. You're rocking around all over the place from the beginning. You rock to your toes, then heels before starting the movement, so your weight continues to shift around through the rep. Stop that.
    Focus on starting and staying midfoot, driving the hips straight up, and smooth out the descent to depth so you can get a rebound.
    Also, film from where that bosu ball is in the background next time please. The wider the better, at a 45 degree angle from the rear.
    Good luck.