starting strength gym

Thread: Posterior delt bruises

Default Posterior delt bruises

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My wife is getting bruises on her posterior delts from squatting. She's not bouncing the bar or anything. It's right where the bar crosses her arms. She bruises like a peach in general. Not sure if this is something she just has to tough out till it toughens up or if this is something others have seen with female lifters.

Video of her grip?

Will get one. Wasn't sure if it's a common enough problem for a simple answer.

It's not common, thus prompting me to try to discover what you have done to her.

Due to surgery, I had to take a break from squatting for 5 weeks. Once I could squat again, I had bruising where the bar sits which eventually went away.

I had light bruising and soreness when I ran NLP around 185 lbs right where the bar sits on my back, above the spine of my scapula. It went away as my body adjusted and I kept adding weight to the bar. I have tough skin there now and I think that's more common than bruising. I'm a 30yo female.

starting strength coach development program
    She figured it out. She was struggling with her grip. Had the bar too low. Was focusing too much on her wrists. Bar was rolling down a little. She was able to get through 2 workouts this week with no further bruising.