starting strength gym

Thread: gsl.shoemaker squat check #

Default gsl.shoemaker squat check #

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ive seen a coach here in town, and I know that im not sticking my ass out and leaning forward enough. It seems like im too far forward on my knees and I have no hip drive, its all legs/knees. I just seem powerless to change it. Ive deloaded 2x in 2 months, and the correct form still seems to be out of my grasp. I have a tripod coming, in the future I will post different views, for today I have a side angle. It seems like I should delaod (or keep my weight the same) untill I figure this out. maybe I need to focus on dropping the gut, I dunno. Ive become discouraged over this, im working hard for zero progress. I plan to seek out additional coaching whenever possible. Any advice

YouTube

Hey Scott
    Your stance looks too wide. Get your heels under your shoulders.
    You're right, you're not leaning over. At all. You're about as vertical as you can be. That's why you feel forward on your toes and can't drive the hips.
    Point your chest at the ground as soon as you start. Did your coach get the back in the right place? Did you see an SSC?

I saw a coach. He tried. “Sit back, knees out”. I got it a few times, and I know what I have to do, I just haven’t been able to do it. Im gonna try and shoot my hips out before I break my knees.

That will create new issues if you break the hips and knees at different times.
    A rear 45 degree video of the squat would be helpful, like you mentioned.

Aim your nipples in between your knees.

Okay

Ive re read the book and ive re watched all coach Ripps’ how to videos on YouTube. Tuesday im gonna practice till I get it

starting strength coach development program
    YouTube

I feel like I still need to make some adjustments (knees out farther, grip/gaze adjustments, bar moves up). But I feel like my squat is improving