starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check 355x5

Default Squat Form Check 355x5

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello coaches, I'd appreciate any feedback on my last set of five at 355 from my most recent training session if you have a moment. Thank you kindly.

YouTube

breddy gud.
    Couple things to work on, but overall not bad.
    I'd turn your toes out a bit so you get the knees out and keep them pinned out on the ascent. This will help with maintaining the back angle out of the hole.
    You're also starting every rep on your heels. Watch your toes as you start the rep. Get midfoot and stay there so the knees get to their home in time.
    Lastly, your upper back is getting loose on the way up. See how your elbows pop up as you come out of the bottom each rep? See if you can keep the upper back tight by keeping the elbows down. If they crank up like that, it usually means the thoracic spine is going soft. And no one likes a soft thoracic spine.
    Good luck.

Toes out, midfoot, elbows down, roger. Thanks for the help, I'll make these adjustments next session.

Hi Pete (or anyone else with advice),

Here is today's last set of 5 at 360, would love a look if you have a second. I pointed my toes out and did a little better on the midfoot, but seemed to have missed completely on the elbows down. I was able to keep them down in warmups, but it all went to hell on the work set. Anyone have a good cue for this or does it just take a little practice?

YouTube