starting strength gym

Thread: squat form check 90kg (72kg bw) 2 reps

Default squat form check 90kg (72kg bw) 2 reps

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

Had the common cold the last week, so barely ground out 2 reps at my working weight.

Anyways, if there's a SSC willing, I'd like to pay for a more in depth review of my form on all my lifts. My power cleans are the worst of the lot. Just message me if interested. I'm living overseas, so no SSC here.

Thanks!

Hey Als
    A manageable set of 5 reps would be more useful to critique.

Move your stance in an inch on either side, and drive the knees outward as you start. Your stance is too wide.
    Get leaned over from the start and send the hips back, then lead with the hips out of the bottom of the squat rather than lifting the chest.
    Fix your wrists. They're draped forward over the bar. Get them more neutral and it will allow you to make sure the upper back is set rigid.

If you want to hire and SSC for regular form checks, head over to startingstrengthonlinecoaching.com
    There are a few coaches that you can hire.
    Last edited by Pete Troupos; 08-30-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Thanks Pete, your advice is much appreciated.

Regarding "Move your stance in an inch on either side... Your stance is too narrow.". Did you mean to say that I should move my stance OUT an inch on either side?

And also thanks for not mentioning the kitty kat socks...I needed long socks, and they were they only long pair in the store, and on clearance.

Sorry. The stance is too wide. Narrow it up a little so your heels are under your shoulders.