starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bar going forward of shins on DL!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoylejoshua View Post
    So I should be pulling my chest up more before the initiation of the pull? No I have never used chalk. Not opposed to it at all though.
    Yes, most definitely need to pull your chest up more and set your back harder. There was a video posted on the site recently about a good cue for helping people set their backs better in the deadlift, basically think about dropping your belly between your thighs. I forget the exact title but you should be able to find it easily.

Also you must use chalk. The more positive grip provides more confidence during the lift and may cut down on the endless fidgeting you're doing with your hands. Just set up, grip it, set your back and go. Don't stand up between reps, you lose all tightness that you've built up and you end up doing singles instead of a set of five.

Why do you have those small plates on the floor in front of the bar? You see how the plates hit the one on your right after each rep? Totally throws off the bar position. Get rid of them.

Gotcha i’ll set up further from the bar next time.

Thanks for the pointers. I’ll pull chest up more and set my back harder, use chalk, and not stand up between reps and also find a more level spot to deadlift.

Thanks for the pointers. I’ll pull chest up more and set my back harder, use chalk, and not stand up between reps and also find a more level spot to deadlift.
    I would also recommend finding a gym were people don't make whatever that sound is in the background, but if you can't, I get it.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

You will be kicking the shit out of 400+s in no time.

starting strength coach development program
    Appreciate the help and encouragement!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12