Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knee slide fixed?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I’ll do that. Thanks again, Pete!

Is this what you’re looking for, Pete?

YouTube

Close, but are you really on mid-foot in the bottom? Watch your left heel where it contacts the ground. You start off leaning over fine, and then the back angle becomes more upright in the bottom as you hit the hole. This means the hips come back toward the feet and the knees are further forward. Reach back further with your ass and aim your nipples between your knees.
    You're really close. Just a little tweaking.

Thanks much — the gym is getting platforms within the next month or two. I’ll post an update after that because i can’t tell if this squishy floor is messing with me or not.

Tried these adjustments with my 5x5 @ 400 with the knees forward earlier and pushing the hips back more as i approach depth.

It did not go well. Had to bail on the 3rd set. The knees forward faster feels good, but I feel like pushing the hips back and bending over more is real janky. My spine was flexing a bit and the bar did not feel stable. Low back feels a lot more stressed than usual. I understand that my low back will adapt to this stress, but I also had a splitting headache after the 2nd set. Felt like a tumor behind my right eye, but I’m gonna chalk that up as sinus pressure from a shitty valsalva. Nevertheless, it seems like a slightly more horizontal back angle is fucking with me quite a bit.

I should have recorded, but I didn’t. Gonna give 400 a whirl again for a 5x5 when my low back recovers. Went ahead and did heavy pulls today like an idiot instead of letting the back rest. Will video this weekend

Felt under the weather so i decided to deload to 365 and try and work on some things. Every set looked different, but i reckon the last one was the best. But thats not saying much...

YouTube

Idk Pete, i was trying to time the knees better but i’m guessing the hips are still leading too much. Let me know what you think!

Better than they've been in the past. Still a little at the bottom. Think about trying to keep the shins vertical as you hit the bottom. If that doesn't work, give TUBOW a try with a foam roller on its end about an inch away from toes. Without the bar, squat down and up without knock over the foam roller.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Pete, I think I’m starting to get it. It is quite difficult to fix a movement pattern that has been ingrained for a long time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast