Knee slide fixed? Knee slide fixed?

starting strength gym

Thread: Knee slide fixed?

Default Knee slide fixed?

• wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Hey folks,

I posted a vid a couple of months ago with some pretty gnarly knee slide - I’ve been working on it and hopefully these squats are acceptable. Last rep got away from me a bit. Sorry about the dark clothing, but I think the lighting is good enough to see.

YouTube

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if you've posted since, but it doesn't look like anyone responded to this.

You're trying to fix knee slide by keeping the knees back too long. So the hips are going back, and the knees aren't moving forward at the start. This creates new problems. First, you're starting the descent on your heels and then shifting forward as you hit the bottom. Next, you're just making the knees late to their home rather than actually getting them set. So they really never stop moving.
    Get midfoot, send the knees OUT at the same time you send the hips back. If you're leaning over soon enough, keep reaching your ass back, and stay off your toes, it should clean up the knee slide.

Thanks Pete!

Ive been hitting some smoother reps lately by focusing harder on staying midfoot rather than worrying about what my knees are doing. I feel like Im slightly more upright, but Im not losing tension out of the hole. I may film today and post an update.

As always, thanks for your help. Reading your advice on most of the threads here has definitely helped me become a better lifter and coach!