starting strength gym

Thread: Newbish Squat Form Check (185)

Question Newbish Squat Form Check (185)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey guys, pretty new lifter here. The way I'm squatting feels good and looks good (but not great) to me, so I'd appreciate some more experienced eyes on it. I've lifted as much as 240 for sets of 5, but I've purposely been eating at a deficit for a while, and now I'm trying to get my form solid before a longer bulk.

Two things I wonder: 1) Am I going too deep? 2) Are my knees moving too much on the way down? Anything else I'm screwing up?

God made the donkey and gave him a thick skin.

Thanks,
    David

I'm truly puzzled by this. Have you read absolutely none of the articles, watched none of the videos, or read none of the tens of thousands of posts on this board, not to mention the books, before you posted this?

Evidently not with good comprehension. I'll see myself out.

You said your skin was thick. Can you really not see that this squat is at least 6 inches too deep? Do you not understand the problem with this?

Thick skin, bad eyes. You get the gist. I'll fix the depth. Thanks, Rip.

starting strength coach development program
    Update: Because I've squatted so deep for a few months (since I last had a coach), proper depth feels like a 1/4 squat now. I've also had to slow down my reps so I don't blow past proper depth. I think it'll take 3-4 workouts w/filming to correct, then filming a few workouts per month to maintain.

Depth in my latest workout was improved (esp. reps 4 & 5), though still low:

Anyway, I'll shut up now. Thanks for not acting on your statement in the sticky that, we will have you fucking killed, when I entered uninformed like a jackass. I'll do better.

David