starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Technique Check

Default Squat Technique Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    These are the final 2 sets of yesterdays squats, ive been having trouble with knee slide and knee cave and feels like ive been losing tightness at the bottom right before the ascent. I used 2 cues yesterday being “stay tight” and “knees out hard” and that seemed to clean up some prior issues, any other criticism would be appreciated. Should also mention I was in the hospital for a few days last week with a stomach infection which is why the weight isnt too heavy since im trying to give myself time to work back up.

Set 2: YouTube

Set 3: YouTube

Hey TJ
    Looks like no one's given you any feedback.

Get your upper back tighter to start each rep. Lift the chest and pull the elbows down. It's a little soft which is preventing you from leaning over soon enough, with confidence, and causing you to want to lift your chest out of the hole too soon. Get that addressed, then get leaned over sooner and think about reaching your ass back toward the wall behind you. That should help with getting the knees set.
    You could give yourself a target to get the knees out. Think about trying to touch the safeties with your knees as you descend and keep them pinned out. See if that helps.