starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Squat advice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In this case I would actually recommend using a real unit of measurement.

BTW: That's what trolling looks like.

Yet you ARE squatting to depth, just get rid of the dumbbell as it is introducing an artificial datum which is facilitating knee slide and looseness. The result of all this looseness and knee sliding is pain in the hip flexors, lower back and knees. Once you touched the dumbbell a couple of times staying tight then you know how it feels. Keep doing it like that, but without the dumbbell. Have you got that yet ? Or are you searching for some other complication that you believe is special to you alone ?

Dude, let it go. I get excited about new posts on this sub-forum, thinking I'll see new or updated form checks with various advice or analysis.
    Instead you keep drawing out your analysis of why "you're right and everyone else is wrong," when a simple acknowledgement (and maybe thanks?) for the advice of filming yourself instead of sticking a dumbbell under yourself in order to reach proper depth, about one and a half pages back, would have sufficed. And your defensiveness has gotten to the point that objectively looks like trolling.
    How much valuable advice can be provided to you (or others?) in another future post, if you don't include any more videos of your squats?

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Yet you ARE squatting to depth, just get rid of the dumbbell as it is introducing an artificial datum which is facilitating knee slide and looseness. The result of all this looseness and knee sliding is pain in the hip flexors, lower back and knees. Once you touched the dumbbell a couple of times staying tight then you know how it feels. Keep doing it like that, but without the dumbbell. Have you got that yet ? Or are you searching for some other complication that you believe is special to you alone ?
    Okay so first off, no need to "shout". Second, I already agreed to get rid of the dumbbell once Rip explained that according to his version of predicate logic it implies not following the program if one does things that are not specified in the program. Third, I never claimed to be special, neither in this context nor in any other. And finally I am looking for complications, I am suffering from one as well as several issues i understanding, which, as I tried to show, is not a unique issue of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Laureys View Post
    Dude, let it go. I get excited about new posts on this sub-forum, thinking I'll see new or updated form checks with various advice or analysis.
    Instead you keep drawing out your analysis of why "you're right and everyone else is wrong," when a simple acknowledgement (and maybe thanks?) for the advice of filming yourself instead of sticking a dumbbell under yourself in order to reach proper depth, about one and a half pages back, would have sufficed. And your defensiveness has gotten to the point that objectively looks like trolling.
    How much valuable advice can be provided to you (or others?) in another future post, if you don't include any more videos of your squats?
    I don't quite see how I keep you bound to this post, but in case I do I apologize. However, I have admitted several times that i was wrong and asked explicit questions (which have not been answered anywhere near conclusively). So no I am not trying to push that I am right - I do however disagree with statements which are clearly wrong such as "Rip does not insist on depth". I have also expressed my gratitude more than once, if you missed that send me your address and I'll write you a personal note. Given that you are accusing me of things i did not do, I also disagree with your conclusion about objectivity - the former point directly opposes the latter. Finally, I'd love to post new videos of me squatting - but since I am not even able to properly pick something up from the floor at the moment I fear I'll have to pass.
    Just to be clear - I have been suffering from pain before. That's not a real dealbreaker for me. But right now I can't do anything. Even if I do seated dumbbell presses I get pain. So much that I have to resort to pushing embarassing weights like 30 KGs per side. Working out is the one thing I got going in my life at the moment. And that has been thoroughly ruined and wherever I turn to I get incomplete answers that are i.) either false ii.) or don't make sense or iii.) are out of my reach in the next months (i.e. getting an appointment at another doctor).
    And just so you will see it this time thanks for your advice!.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceste View Post
    Second, I already agreed to get rid of the dumbbell once Rip explained that according to his version of predicate logic it implies not following the program if one does things that are not specified in the program.
    I'm glad your back hurts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234