starting strength gym

Thread: Form check for DL & Squat....

Default Form check for DL & Squat....

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Didn't see any guidance on if we should post two different form checks in one thread, so hopefully this is okay.

Sorry for the (lack of) brightness. I can redo the video at a straight 90-degree (like the DL) if needed.

VIDEO #1: SQUAT

I reduced my weight significantly, after noticing I was nowhere near parallel. The biggest issue I *THINK* I see is that I continually creep forward. It was MUCH worse last week... Since I have nearly no ego, I have no issues starting from scratch (very low weight) and getting it right. I also am fairly certain I favor my right leg, which you can't see from the angle at all. Just a feeling/perception I've got as I come up/out of the squat.

YouTube

VIDEO #2: DEADLIFT

I had originally used the hex-bar, but changed to traditional, increasing weight very slowly, since I've got a history of back injuries. My shoe lace knot is just about directly under the bar as I set up, feet are shoulder width, toes out slightly. I have a feeling my last rep or two has some issues, but I'm not exactly sure what those are. After practically never doing DLs in my life, I enjoy doing them.

YouTube

Thank you for any help/assistance.

Do not post above-parallel squats on this forum.

For the deadlift - you are not setting your back properly at the bottom. Squeeze the chest up hard, arch the low back