starting strength gym

Thread: 100kg Deadlift form-check request

Default 100kg Deadlift form-check request

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Good day,

I'm 6"2 and here is my Deadlift recorded twice, first one is 100kg and second video is 95kg.

YouTube

YouTube

Please take a look and criticize.

With sincere gratitude,
    David Hume

Have you read the book? Don't bounce your deadlifts off the floor.

Thanks Mark!
    I have indeed read the book (3rd edition). Let me practice some more with lower weights and get back with an update next week.

Update: YouTube

I'm feeling like a hamster trying to recue a rat from one of those mouse traps because it still owes me money.

Need to spend less time in between reps. One breath(through the mouth), hold it, and pull.

Got it. Will reduce the weight somewhat.

Thanks.

You are deadlifting in gloves. You are exhaling at the top. You are inhaling through your nose. You are shimming the barbell with plates on the floor. You are training in running shoes. It's almost as if you haven't read the book.

I'm sorry that it comes across like that. I do not want to be disrespectful in any way and can only offer my thinking behind it. The shoes are inexcuseable, I've ordered new ones. My plates are less than 45cm in diameter, hence I was shimming the barbell with plates on the floor. I know you criticize gloves in the book, along with purses, and I only chose to wear gloves because the bar was frozen outside. Keeping it inside overnight will probably help. Not a big deal. English is not my mother tongue but I like to think that I understand quite a bit, and I should execute better. I really don't know what's the matter with me. I like to think that I used to be sharper.

I was going to post a video with corrections today but I had a major setback (I have a rare heart-condition following myocarditis two years ago and could not muster up the energy to get through the warmup, even after deloading).

starting strength coach development program
    Update: YouTube

Better breathing (inhaling/exhaling through mouth). New plates. No shimming. No gloves. No running shoes (the ones I ordered should arrive soon).

Mark, Ryan, thank you for taking the time to point out my blundering. I appreciate it and want to be assiduous in bettering my form.