starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    YouTube

I would really appreciate some feedback! Been experiencing some lower back pain on my left side during long drives so I want to rule out this as a reason.

Every rep comes off the ground forward of the mid-foot. Have you read the book? Get some shoes.

Thank you Mark! I have been watching the Starting Strength videos and reading your articles. I've just made the purchase of the book on Amazon.

I've uploaded a new video

YouTube

It seems like without the use of the hook grip, I can get into a better back angle. I don't know if that's the reason or if I fail to extend my back in general nowadays.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfrik View Post
    It seems like without the use of the hook grip, I can get into a better back angle.
    If your hook grip is forcing the bar higher in your hand, then you've effectively shortened your arms. As you get better at the hook you should be able to hold if lower in your fingers, lower than double overhand (unless you have particularly fat hands/short fingers, but even the damned can get improve).

I have smallish hands so I have to really dig it in there to get a secure grip. I will try to put it in the fingers like my doh

starting strength coach development program
    YouTube

Newest video. I've returned to one plate. It seems like I can set my back fine with this