starting strength gym

Thread: Powerclean Check

Default Powerclean Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

I've started failing my powercleans at 265lbs x 3 (Missing the reps, or catching too low) as seen here: YouTube

I'm planning to move to 6 sets of 2 now to hopefully get some more progression, but wanted to get my form checked first. What I see is that I am too slow on the catch, so I'm catching deeper than necessary, and the bar is crashing on me.

Thanks.

I think you need to finish the pull a little harder, thinking about your shrug at the top. The 3rd rep was really a squat clean, but the first 2 were good. You may be closing in on your PC limit at your current strength level.

How are these?: YouTube

Same weight. Tried to shrug and finish harder as instructed. Managed to get all 5 sets without any squat cleans. Thanks for the help.

Strong pulls. I'd be more patient with the setup on each rep. Get the bar back over midfoot, shins on the bar, and make sure you're in the right spot. Then be give yourself some time to actually set the back before you break it off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Troupos View Post
    Strong pulls. I'd be more patient with the setup on each rep. Get the bar back over midfoot, shins on the bar, and make sure you're in the right spot. Then be give yourself some time to actually set the back before you break it off the ground.
    Thanks for the tips. I had it my head that it's already taking me awhile to drop the bar, reset, and get back in position and that I need to hurry.