starting strength gym

Thread: Stops on the incline press.

Default Stops on the incline press.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I noticed there were two positions available on the incline press machine whilst doing accessory work. The difference is about 2" in depth, which hardly seems significant, but it's one of those things that has me irked. I've had it in both positions and obviously there is a bit more of a stretch on the lower position. Does it matter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I noticed there were two positions available on the incline press machine whilst doing accessory work. The difference is about 2" in depth, which hardly seems significant, but it's one of those things that has me irked. I've had it in both positions and obviously there is a bit more of a stretch on the lower position. Does it matter ?
    I think you have to be really really short to use the lower ones. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the lower ones at my corporate gym.

Depends on the brand/style of the bench. Some inclines have angled uprights, some are vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I think you have to be really really short to use the lower ones. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the lower ones at my corporate gym.

Depends on the brand/style of the bench. Some inclines have angled uprights, some are vertical.
    I've tried both. It's like the difference between ATG and just bellow parallel. I can do both, but the lower set is the least comfortable. The machine I use is the 45 degree incline. Most weight with the greatest ROM would favour the lower setting, but if I can avoid the least comfortable option because it doesn't really make much difference, then I'd happily take that option.