starting strength gym

Thread: Please evaluate Deadlift form

Default Please evaluate Deadlift form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance for critiquing my deadlift form. Like my squat, I will be attending the Orlando squat and deads camp in January so I知 looking for a head start on dialing in my technique. At my age, I can稚 afford (literally haha) to suffer an injury due to poor form.

This is 225 x 5

I知 not gonna push the weight during this novice phase until I am fairly confident form is on point.

YouTube

Added another set from today. I backed up to a mirror to offer a rear view in addition to the 45 degree from the front. To me it looks like I could get my lumbar spine into better extension but I値l see what you folks think. I知 sure there痴 other things to work on as well.
    Thx,

YouTube

Better lumbar extension (maybe your belt is the problem), better finish at the top.

Hey thx Rip appreciate the feedback. I address both issues. Looking forward to Orlando Jan 25th camp.

I think I got better lumbar extension and a stronger finish at the top on this work set today.

265x5

YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    You're trying to "snap" into extension while yanking the barbell off the ground. Setting the back by lifting the chest should be thought of as more of a steady "squeeze" into extension. You lift the chest while setting the lumbar spine and steadily get all of the slack out of the bar and arms. Then peel the bar off the ground rather than yank it.
    There's a few videos on our youtube channel that deal with setting the back in extension for the deadlift that you may find helpful.