starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift 365x5x1

Default Deadlift 365x5x1

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    YouTube
    My phone died after the 3rd rep out of the set of 5.
    I decided to scrap everything I was doing before and try only doing exactly the 5 step set up, shins 1 inch from the bar, straight legs when taking a grip, etc. Right before I start the pull, it looks to me like everything is right. However, my low back immediately rounds at the start of the pull due to me not bracing the back and putting my belly between my legs hard enough. It looks also like I am raising my back angle far too early, around halfway up the shins. These are the two things I should focus on the most for now, correct? Is this the correct diagnosis? I plan on going down to 345x5x1 to really emphasize and perfect these things, because I really would rather not waste my time anymore. Any other suggestions? I appreciate the patience everyone has had with me because I fuck up the same thing over and over again.

*I am posting this in a new thread due to the original being too old to get responded to by a coach.

You did a better job getting the slack out of the bar on 2 and 3. But on two you were pulling from your toes and three you pulled around your knees. In both cases you let your low back go. Loosen your belt one hole and see you can actually feel what the back is doing.
    Can you hold your back tight with lighter weight and no belt?