Default Squat Form Check - 140kg x 5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all, I would appreciate some feedback on my squat

Set 3 Diagonal View
    Set 2 Side On

My Observations:
    1. Wrists - I'm fully aware they are bent, I don't feel they are under any stress during the lift but struggle to get them straighter even on very light weights. Is this an issue and if so how should I go about resolving it.
    2. Depth - I'm not sure that all (if any) are hitting depth. In an attempt to increase depth I widened my stance width which in my head would give me more room to go deep however a little research tells me this is the wrong thing to do and a narrower stance would help. A much earlier video from last year shows me hitting depth no problem yet now I really struggle

Thanks!

Yes please continue to work on the wrists. It could eventually be a problem. This article may help:

Thumbs-Around Grip | Darin Deaton

The main issue in the Squat here is that you need to shove your knees out MUCH harder. Knees need to stay in line with the toes. Are you able to see how they are caving inwards and coming forward too much. The knee should only travel a little bit past the toes during the squat. Deload to a weight you can maintain the correct knee position. Practice with the TUBOW if you have to:

YouTube

Thanks for the feedback Ryan!

Yes I see the problem very clearly after watching the TUBOW video and seeing how the knee should track. I'll make fixing this a priority.

As for the grip do you think the best corrective action would be to try using the thumb under the bar as a quick fix whilst working on my mobility in order to get the correct position?

Again many thanks for your time

Quote Originally Posted by SlothLifts View Post

As for the grip do you think the best corrective action would be to try using the thumb under the bar as a quick fix whilst working on my mobility in order to get the correct position?
    Yes that works